Adding custom packages..

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 16 11:07:32 PDT 2006

El Lunes, 16 de Octubre de 2006 19:35, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    Do you see any weak points in method I used to add custom packages?
> It was a rush job and I may have missed some details.

Well, I'm now trying to add TRACKING_DIR into the equation, not all of us have
a /home/george directory ;-)

About the method, the scripts generation looks good, but maybe we could to use
for mk_CUSTOM_TOOLS something similar to what is used for mk_BLFS_TOOL. That
could make more easy the integration with other books.

Also, I would to know how that `cat tmp` magic command works :-?

> FYI
>    I am looking at a method of including scripts that do not use package
> libraries and need their own Makefile entry generator.

What about

if [[ "x${PKG}" = "x" ]] ; then
  no-package code (i.e, plain configuration file generation script)
else
  code to build a package
fi