Makefile generation.. an experiment

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 17 10:31:26 PDT 2006

El Martes, 17 de Octubre de 2006 05:32, George Boudreau escribió:
> Manuel,
>    I was expanding on an suggestion from Dan concerning simplification
> of the generated Makefile.
>    This code is very raw but it does work for LUSER with tests enabled
> in LFS. I am still working on a method to include the optimization
> switches.
>    This method has possibilities of reducing both the generated makefile
> and removing many of the common_functions procedures.

My concern with that method is, if I'm not wrong, that it will move the body
of each target to a Makefile function, making more hard to insert conditional
steps, like the ones required for optimizations or PACO.

Or maybe you are thinking on creating dynamically makefile-functions file
based on configuration options.