Makefile generation.. an experiment

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:20:00 PDT 2006

On 10/17/06, George Boudreau <georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

>    There is so little left to be done with JHALFS I am doing this as a
> design exercise. I am looking at all possibilities and dynamic entry
> creation is one of them. Nothing is carved in stone.
>    This may be a heretical statement, I am also looking at a
> non-makefile methodology. (We use so little of the makefile capabilities).

You may already know this, but a good place to look for examples of
real world, powerful use of make is in the kernel. The scripts
directory does a lot of special make work. Kbuild.include has some
interesting functions.

http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;f=scripts/Kbuild.include

--
Dan