JHALFS-3.0 Desgin suggestions.

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 31 10:03:53 PST 2006

El Martes, 31 de Octubre de 2006 14:25, Alan Lord escribió:

> Being able to automatically create my "Standard Linux System" and keep
> all those extra settings portable across versions of jhalfs and the books.
>
> I am a user of LFS/BLFS systems rather than an editor so my useage is
> different from theirs (like the ICA/Farce stuff or the way it acurately
> tests "the book"). I am looking for a tool that will let me develop a
> platform (i.e. my own distro) which can then be built on multiple boxes
> with minimal/no user intervention.

Several of that points are now half-addressed in the trunk code via the new
"Custom Tools" and "Rebuild Makefile" options. Its not all what you are
asking for but is a good aproximation, IMHO.

We are thinking on how to improve customizations support in jhalfs-3. The goal
is not to code and implement us all possible features, but to create a
framework that can allow users to create in and easy way their own
ampliations and features via pluggins.

> jhalfs is a great tool and has come a long way in very short time... I
> appreciate all the work you guys have done so far and hope that my
> comments are useful.

Thanks you for the comments :-)