jhalfs-2.0: Rebuild doesn't unmount kernel the kernel file systems in chroot

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 31 19:41:56 PST 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hi,
>
> See the subject line. Shouldn't this be checked in case a user stops a
> build that ended somewhere in chapter 6 and had already reached the
> point of mounted kernel file systems? Especially in developer-use
> settings this sort of behavior might be expected, I would think.

   This selection was meant to work against a reboot scenario and not a
restart of the build. At one time there was restart mechanism included
in makefile that tried to detect the state of the build and decide
whether to mount the file systems or not.  Unfortunately it drifted to
the bottom of the maintenance stack and eventually slipped off the
table. It still exists in the 1.0 code branch as "restart_code"