More metadata in LFS xml

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Thu Jul 19 10:18:05 PDT 2007

El Jueves, 19 de Julio de 2007 15:34, Dan Nicholson escribió:

> What I can't get right is the $name-$version part. I'm playing with
> the dump-commands.xsl stylesheet in the LFS repo since it's simpler
> than lfs.xsl in jhalfs. It seems like the place you would want to have
> this to work easily with the rest of the stylesheet is to have them be
> child elements (or attributes) of <sect1>.
>
> <sect1>
>   <package name="glibc" version="&glibc-version;"/>
> </sect1>

A "proper" syntax could be:

<sect1>
  <sect1info>
    <productname>glibc</productname>
    <productnumber>&glibc-version;</productnumber>
  </sect1info>

But I don't like it.

> Is there a better way this could be done? Also, are there any limits
> to what can be placed in a processing instruction? Is there any reason
> we couldn't define our own custom pi?
>
> <?package glibc &glibc-version;?>

Creating a PI is a more elegant solution, IMHO. PIs can be placed anywhere and
are ignored by default by the XML/XSL processors. They are parsed only if
there is a stylesheet that explicity matches it.

Another beast is to create such stylesheet. If you can't do it, I will try to
play with this night or tomorrow.