More metadata in LFS xml

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:53:50 PDT 2007

On 7/19/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 19 de Julio de 2007 20:00, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>

> > The problem is that the entities aren't resolved within the PIs, so it
> > just comes out as &glibc-version;.
> >

> Oh, yes, that's a PITA.
>
> > Another option I thought of was to use a custom DTD for <sect1> by
> > just overloading the standard DocBook one with a local one. But I'd
> > prefer not to do that since it adds potential for errors in the local
> > sect1 definition.
>
> When the sources will be migrated to Relax-NG such type of schema
> customizations will be very more easy to do.
>
> For now, looks that the <sect1info> way is the most semantically proper one.
> The issue is that when using DocBook-5 all <*info> tags must be replaced by
> plain <info>.

Ahh, I hadn't even considered DocBook5 yet. Good stuff to know.

> Plus, we should to use <sect1info condition="script"> to be sure that it's not
> rendered on the HTML or PDF outputs.

OK. Then just test for @condition = 'script', right? I'll start
playing around on lfs.xsl in jhalfs since those stylesheets are more
used than dump-commands. My goal is to resurrect the paco
functionality, but to do it in a clean way. I.e., no patches. In my
mind, the only way to do this is at the xsl level. In the process, I
hope to make jhalfs a little more pluggable. We'll see how that goes.

--
Dan