Releasing jhalfs-2.3

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Mon Jul 23 15:04:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

jhalfs-2.2 was released near half-year ago. In that time, changes on the books
has made it unusable for building SVN books, meaning that we need a new
stable jhalfs release that could be used with the soon-to-be-released (I
hope) LFS-6.3 book and shipped into the LiveCD-6.3.

Thus, I proposse to release jhalfs-2.3 in few days, trying to include fixes
for that known remainig bugs (BLFS circular dependencies and Xorg commands,
CLFS-Embedded issue)

When BLFS-6.3 will be released, we will need to do another jhalfs release but
being sure that its still compatible with LFS-6.3, thus any new features or
changes required to support future LFS_x86_64 books should go to the
experimental branch.

Comments, objetions?