jhalfs & CLFS-E

George Boudreau georgeb at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 25 18:37:35 PDT 2007

Manuel,
   I tried a build of mipsel with CLFS-Embedded when it failed to set
the proper 'endian'. Your xsl code is not at fault. The 'endian' code in
the book does not work even when hand coding. It seem you cannot append
config values to the end of an existing .config file. (0.9.29 upgrade
issue?)

   We will have to mark CLFS-E mipsel & armv*l broken for jhalfs in the
next release.

    George

FYI...
This code snippet shows how I do it in another project but I don't know
if the method is acceptable to the CLFS boys.

case "$ENDIAN" in

     LITTLE) sed -e 's at BIG_ENDIAN@LITTLE_ENDIAN@' \

                 -e '/# ARCH_WANTS/ s at LITTLE@BIG@' -i .config    ;;

        BIG) sed -e 's at LITTLE_ENDIAN@BIG_ENDIAN@' \