Error building clfs svn.

M.Canales.es macana at macana-es.com
Sun Jul 29 04:21:46 PDT 2007

El Domingo, 29 de Julio de 2007 13:01, Stef Bon escribió:

> Yesterday I ran into a bug (is it?)  when it was busy with command
> 061-choose. This gave an (expected?) error. After reading in the CLFS book
> online it should give an error because I'm building from a 32 bits i386
> platform. THis is not so obvious. I'm new to the cross compiling, and this
> information should go into prebuidling documentation, like a FAQ. I came
> into this issue earlier. But this is not a jhalfs thing..

Is not a bug, but a sanity check to be sure that a chroot build can be done.

It is discusses in the FAQ found and the end of the README, under the "When I
try to build CLFS the Makefile fails at the mid-point" question.

> Now today jhalfs ran into an error when trying to do 062-introduction.
> It tries to change to the clfs account, while in the configuration of
> jhalfs I wanted an other user.

Oh!, that's a real bug.  Many thanks. Just at time to try to fix it before
announce 2.3 release.