ALFS shortcomings

Jean-Luc Delatre (Kevembuangga) jld at club-internet.fr
Thu Sep 13 12:46:34 PDT 2007

Le Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:08:49 +0200,
"M.Canales.es" <macana at macana-es.com> a écrit :

> There is only one way to clobber the jhalfs Makefile with the generated build
> Makefile, and it is due  your fault about doing bad assuptions, not a jhalfs
> bug or lack of testing.
>
> Why are you trying to overwritte the jhalfs sources with the jhalfs output?

I am NOT the script is...

> Where in the README say that you must to install jhalfs sources into $BUILDIR?

Where does it says the contrary?
Unless there is a "reason" for having some set of files at a precise place it should work from anywhere.

> If you have actually read the sources, like looks you have done from your
> posts, you should have noticed that the jhalfs sources tree and the
> $BUILDDIR/jhalfs output drectory are different things.

Then there should not be any chance of confusion, serendipity...
I am afraid there is a "little communication problem".
I am gonna "fork" the script for my own usage and not waste time on this list anymore.

Best regards,

JLD