Linguistic Shortcomings.

TheOldFellow theoldfellow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 11:18:55 PDT 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:11:28 -0700
"J. Greenlees" <lists at jaqui-greenlees.net> wrote:

> > you're = 'you are' and never, ever, a possessive pronoun.
> > e.g you're a fine chap, you're right about that, you're a imbecile,
> > you're idea is rubbish.
>
> Since grammatically, "you're an imbecile" is the correct phrasing. :)
> English requires the 'an' when the following word begins with a vowel.

I read somewhere on t'internet (Yorkshire dialect) that there was a
rule about language flames - something like: Every language flame will
contain at least one error in either grammar or spelling - no matter
how hard you try!

In this instance, it was a typo, not a spello; but there was know way
for you to no that! :)

R.