ALFS shortcomings

Roger Merchberger zmerch-lfs at 30below.com
Thu Sep 20 11:01:01 PDT 2007

Rumor has it that Jeremy Huntwork may have mentioned these words:
>M.Canales.es wrote:
> > Thus, if making the progress bar optional, maybe the full make output
> should
> > be optional (or redirected to a log file) to allow users to do a " cd
> > $JHALFSDIR && make &".
>
>Yes, that could work.

Having just gotten back into working with LFS on my new (refurb) dual-core
Turion lappy, I thought I'd really like the progress bar, until it hit
100%, wrapped around & started over. That's when I figured out (correct me
if I'm wrong) that it doesn't show the status of the package being built,
it's just a graphical second count-off timer... am I right?

That being the case, I like having the time roll to show how long it's been
working on a particular package, but if the progress bar doesn't show the
actual progress of the package, it's just fluff to me.

Just IMHO from the village idiot... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.