More metadata in LFS xml

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:30:07 PDT 2007

On 9/21/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:
> El Jueves, 19 de Julio de 2007 20:53, Dan Nicholson escribió:
>
> > My goal is to resurrect the paco
> > functionality, but to do it in a clean way. I.e., no patches. In my
> > mind, the only way to do this is at the xsl level. In the process, I
> > hope to make jhalfs a little more pluggable. We'll see how that goes.
>
> Dan, can you review the LFS/lfs.xsl code found on the experimental branch and
> tell me if that is what you was searching for?

Yeah, that's awesome. A lot more call-template instead of one long
serial template. I haven't looked in detail, but all the hooks and
entry points means you can make a custom stylesheet with minimal copy
and paste.

I don't know if it's worth it, but it might be nice to split out the
hacks into separate templates, too. Then, if you need to provide a
custom "default" mode userinput template, you don't have to copy all
the hacks. Just make sure you call the "default-hacks" template. Just
a thought.

> I'm planning a few other XML changes before start editing the bash code to
> handle the new build scripts naming schema and content, but the templates
> structure is ready.

Cool. I'm glad you did this. Here's a feature I'd like to see, and the
XSL/Makefile foo has always boggled me a bit. For paco integration,
I'd need to be able to insert another scriptlet at a defined point (at
the end of Ch. 5 and 6). It's easy enough to put the commands into an
<xsl:text> element, but how would it be inserted so that the proper
order was maintained?

It looks like I'd have to override the "chapter" template to insert
calls to the "paco*" templates. Actually, this looks _much_ easier
with your redo.

--
Dan