CLFS 3.0.0-systemd breaks on Chapter 76

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Aug 19 17:38:08 PDT 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 01:22:36 +0200
Michael LĂžjtnant <alfs at cosis.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a Pure 64-bit system using JHALFS and CLFS, but it
> breaks when it reaches Chapter 76-Choose.
>
> I'm using the 3.0.0-systemd stable book, and chosen chroot for the Build
> method.
>
> Host system is LFS-7.0.
>
> JHALFS is latest development version
>

> The build fails with this error:
>
> ---- Start build error:
>
> Building the system...
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>          Executing Final Preparations Cross and Temporary Tools scripts
>
> make: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>   Building target 076-choose
>   [|make: *** [076-choose] Error 126                           ] 0 min.
> 0 sec
> make: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
> make[1]: *** [mk_F_PREPS] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>
> ERROR: Error 2 at common/common-functions line 39!

Hello,

   We released CLFS 3.0.0 with plenty of builds using JHALFS. Is there anything in the 076-choose log file?  I think it'd be in logs/

   Also, what is in the jhalfs Makefile for the 076-choose part?

   The choose portion of JHALFS isn't complicated. It's mostly a commentary to check if using the chroot or boot method. If using the boot method, it won't continue building and will wait for a reboot then run jhalfs build for final system. If not using the boot method, it'll continue with the rest of the build and attempt to chroot.

Check the logs and see what you can find.

Sincerely,

William Harrington