CLFS 3.0.0-systemd breaks on Chapter 76

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Aug 20 07:47:50 PDT 2015

Le 20/08/2015 01:22, Michael Løjtnant a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a Pure 64-bit system using JHALFS and CLFS, but it
> breaks when it reaches Chapter 76-Choose.
>
> I'm using the 3.0.0-systemd stable book, and chosen chroot for the
> Build method.
>
> Host system is LFS-7.0.
>
> JHALFS is latest development version
>

> The build fails with this error:
>
> ---- Start build error:
>
> Building the system...
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>
>         Executing Final Preparations Cross and Temporary Tools scripts
>

> make: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>
>  Building target 076-choose
>  [|make: *** [076-choose] Error 126                           ] 0 min.
> 0 sec
> make: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
> make[1]: *** [mk_F_PREPS] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/jhalfs'
>
> ERROR: Error 2 at common/common-functions line 39!
>

> <jhalfs-trunk> exit
>
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> [cosis at LFS70 jhalfs$
>
> ---- End Build error
>

> Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?
>
> Best regards
>  Michael Løjtnant

Hmm, I have not built clfs for a while, so there might be some change
needed with newer clfs versions. Unfortunately, I do not have access to
a computer with Linux, so I cannot work on this before next Tuesday, sorry.

I know that W Harrington buils clfs using jhalfs, so maybe you could
report on the clfs list.

Regards Pierre