Failed to Load External Entity

Robert shevegen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 08:05:41 PDT 2015

Esben Stien <b0ef <at> esben-stien.name> writes:

> Matthew Burgess <matthew <at> linuxfromscratch.org> writes:
>
> > You need docbook-xml installed from
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/DocBook.html
>
> Indeed. Thanks.

Hi!

I run into a similar problem when trying to compile kdelibs.

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/kdeclarativetest
[ 98%] Built target kdeclarativetest
[ 98%] Generating index.cache.bz2
file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5/dbcentx.mod:308: warning: failed to
load external entity "file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5/ent/isoamsa.ent"
%ISOamsa;
         ^
Entity: line 1:
 %ISOamsa;
          ^
file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5/dbcentx.mod:312: warning: failed to
load external entity "file:/usr/share/xml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.5/ent/isoamsb.ent"
%ISOamsb;
         ^
Entity: line 1:
 %ISOamsb;

I probably made some mistake.

However had, the reason I reply here is that the second URL no
longer works.

This URL here:

  http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/DocBook.html

Could someone perhaps revise or revive this page, or alternatively see or
suggest some solution? I can no longer use the solution that
was in the page DocBook.xml. Perhaps some information could be added
to the wiki?