jhalfs for merged sysv-systemd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu May 26 14:05:15 PDT 2016

On 26/05/2016 21:53, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>> I've received a private message from Bruce about the adaptation of jhalfs
>> to the upcoming merged sysv-systemd books.
>> I think it is better to start a public thread. But I wait for his approval
>> for publishing his message.
>>
>> I do not have much time today, but I'll try to look at Bruce's patch
>> later. But please, to anybody who would like to contribute the code, may I
>> suggest you produce patches against the most recent version (r3861 fixed
>> the hostreqs.xml move problem)?
>
> I have no objection to putting my patch here, but it is broken.  I'll be
> working on it today.  When I come up with a better one I'll post it here.

The problem is with the VERSION variable in jhalfs. We used to have only one
line with "subtitle" in bookinfo.xml, but now with have two (one for each
revision). And it needs some bash/sed/grep skill to extract only one version...

It is getting late here, and I'll try to work on it tomorrow, unless you beat
me on this.

Pierre