jhalfs for merged sysv-systemd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Fri May 27 05:23:52 PDT 2016

On 27/05/2016 03:01, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:

>>> I have no objection to putting my patch here, but it is broken.
>>> I'll be
>>> working on it today.  When I come up with a better one I'll post it
>>> here.
>>>

>> The problem is with the VERSION variable in jhalfs. We used to have
>> only one
>> line with "subtitle" in bookinfo.xml, but now with have two (one for
>> each
>> revision). And it needs some bash/sed/grep skill to extract only one
>> version...
>>
>> It is getting late here, and I'll try to work on it tomorrow, unless
>> you beat
>> me on this.
>
> Well it is late there tonight, but mid evening for me.  Here is my
> latest.  I fixed VERSION in two places.
>
> Tho old version tried to figure out VERSION from bookinfo.xml by
> running xmllint, but the new version has two different copies if
> version differentiated bu a revision="sysd|systemd" attribute. The
> file would need to be run through xsltproc profile.xml process first.
> The easier way is to just go directly to the original source,
> general.ent.
>
> That change needed to be in two files: common/libs/func_book_parser
> and jhalfs.
>
> The new process works and I'm testing the build right now.  My first
> test failed because I had a typo in the book's sources. I'll report
> back on this only if the test fails.

Thanks,

This will need some testing: currently, I am building the book with the
sysv merged version. Next, the systemd version, then, old version
without merged books. But I am confident it should work with little or
no modification. The patch does not address the selection of packages to
download. I'll commit when I am done with all of that (depending on the
level of confidence into the patch, I may create a new branch).

Pierre