jhalfs for merged sysv-systemd

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat May 28 03:12:32 PDT 2016

On 27/05/2016 19:42, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>>> This will need some testing: currently, I am building the book with the
>>> sysv merged version. Next, the systemd version, then, old version
>>> without merged books. But I am confident it should work with little or
>>> no modification. The patch does not address the selection of packages to
>>> download. I'll commit when I am done with all of that (depending on the
>>> level of confidence into the patch, I may create a new branch).
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>
>> Forgot to rediff after a typo fix... Here is the actualised version.
>> Please discard the preceding message.
>
> Perhaps change
>
> + bool "Linux From Scratch sys V"

> + bool "Linux From Scratch System V"
>
> that's the more formal name.
>
> Otherwise, as soon as you commit to jhalfs, I'll swap the LFS merge and trunk
> branches and update higgs to generate the books using the new approach.  I'll
> also need to fix the LFS currency script to get the combined set of packages,
> but that's only adding two packages,
>
>   -- Bruce

Committed at r3862. I've changed the name of the "REV" variable to "INITSYS",
which seems clearer to me (hope it is for others too). Right now, we know that
we use the "revision" attribute for the init system, but for future
maintenance, it is better to have a more explicit name.
I've alse added the revision parameter to the xml stylesheet used for the
generation of the packages list.

Pierre