[alfs-discuss] jhalfs uses /tools/bin/bash throughout chapter 6

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat May 12 09:34:05 PDT 2018

On 05/12/2018 04:40 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> While looking at the chroot commands in jhalfs for fixing what is reported in
> http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-dev/2018-May/072246.html
>
> I found that "SHELL=/tools/bin/bash" is used for the "CHROOT" target. Since
> the CHROOT target is (up to one script) chapter 6, this means that
> /tools/bin/bash is used throughout chapter 6, even when /bin/bash is available.
>
> There are 2 questions:
> 1- Should this be corrected?
> 2- if yes to 1, how?

We do have the user do

   exec /bin/bash --login +h

in Chapter 6 bash, but that is a role="nodump" command.

Actually, for the purposes of jhalfs, I do not think the issue needs to
be corrected.  At the end of jhalfs, the user will log in with the
correct bash.  The only potential issue is what is used for the BLFS
portion of the script where the user may have removed /tools ?

   -- Bruce