[blfs-dev] OpenJPEG-2.1.0 tests are broken

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Apr 18 09:33:47 PDT 2015

There are many problems.

First, following book's instructions, 14 tests passed, out of 565 (about
2.5%).

Then, found in the INSTALL file (reformatted by me):

{{{
* To enable testing (and automatic result upload to
* http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=OPENJPEG):
    cmake . -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON \
            -DOPJ_DATA_ROOT:PATH='path/to/the/data/directory'
    make
    make Experimental
  Note : JPEG2000 test files are available with 'svn checkout
  http://openjpeg.googlecode.com/svn/data' (about 70 Mo).
  If '-DOPJ_DATA_ROOT:PATH' option is omitted, test files will be
  automatically searched in '${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/../data', corresponding
  to the location of the data directory when compiling from the trunk
  (and assuming the data directory has been checked out of course).
}}}

The 70 Mo is an exagerated understatement. Worse yet, their svn
connection is extremely slow I downloaded 1018MB in (real)	116m52.370s!!!!

Finally, could run again the tests (didn't time or log it).

{{{
mkdir -v build &&
cd       build &&

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
      -DBUILD_TESTING=ON \
      -DOPJ_DATA_ROOT=../data \
      -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..

time make -j8

make -j1 test
}}}

Results below are "copy/paste" from the terminal:

{{{
89% tests passed, 93 tests failed out of 814

Total Test time (real) = 113.93 sec
}}}

So, tests increased from 565 to 814, but still over 10% failed.

I'm thinking that these tests are for OJPG developers, only, not really
intended for us.

Therefore, we could just state in the page that the package does not
come with a test suite, or useful ts or working ts.

Please, opinions?

Fernando