[blfs-dev] Mercurial or wget for openjdk?

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Sep 5 20:55:14 PDT 2015

Em 05-09-2015 17:55, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
> On 05/09/2015 19:54, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

Much simpler? Prone to errors?

Why is that, and why isn't that in the other case?

LFS is far more complicated, but with a wget list and a normal md5sum,
everything is checked. If the two methods give the same files, one and
the same md5sum file serves both of methods. OH, but hg doesn't need it.
Well...

>>> Using mercurial provides an example for that version control package.  I
>>> don't wee a problem with doing OpenJDK with mercurial.
>>>
>>> Note, I only build OPenJDK for testing the book.  I cannot recall
>>> needing or using it in other circumstances.
>>>
>>>   -- Bruce

After the boss decided, what is the point in discussing? And everybody
knows that in any situation that I am involved, X will be right,
Fernando will be wrong.

>> Why is this result so the expected one?
>>
>> After forgetting Fernando's suggestion for months, delaying for more
>> time, waiting BLFS7.8 freeze, and with Bruce playing the game...
>>
>> Is there a single person that thought the result could be different?
>>

> What result? It is a discussion... I delayed for months because I first
> forgot, then because I waited for the next update (which is now). Anyway the
> way you retrieve subprojects is not a big deal.
>
> Pierre

But I don't care what you are going to put in the book.

My point is just that my situation in BLFS is like the Murphy's law:

If there is a choice between X and Fernando, X will be chosen.

This is valid for technical, personal, hectic, any subject being considered.

Interesting that the consequence is that the book must be, let us not
say very bad, but different form what would be preferable, as most of
the things are done by Fernando...

Oh!, I promised not writing in these lists, to not get more trouble with
people and the boss.

Will try again, what means about a month of peace for everybody.

Sorry for letting this last post escape my will.

Fernando