[blfs-dev] Mercurial or wget for openjdk?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 21:26:07 PDT 2015

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> After the boss decided, what is the point in discussing? And everybody
> knows that in any situation that I am involved, X will be right,
> Fernando will be wrong.

Please don't do that.  You are indicating that I can't express an
opinion without it being considered a final decision or a directive.
That was not my intent.  What I want is for everyone to be able to
freely consider suggestions irrespective of the source.

> If there is a choice between X and Fernando, X will be chosen.

That is defiantly not true.  Actually I try to not consider the source
of the suggestion, but only the pros and cons of that suggestion.  There
are commits that are made all the time where I would do things
differently, but what is there is good too so a comment or change is not
needed.  Different is not always bad.  A couple of weeks ago I wanted to
freeze for 7.8 but you felt the time was not right, so I took your
advice, not because of who gave that advice, but because the arguments
you made supporting your suggestion convinced me that it was the right
thing to do.