[blfs-dev] Mercurial or wget for openjdk?

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 6 12:15:01 PDT 2015

Em 06-09-2015 10:03, Pierre Labastie escreveu:

> I have a proposition, which might satisfy everybody: why not put both the
> tarball download and the mercurial instructions in the book?

Please don't do that. Forget wget. I don't need to be satisfied, but
respected. If you had not "forgotten" my earlier post, no threads about
this subject would have happened. And i don't like my idea side by side
with one that I completely disagree.

This a situation without that no one remedy any more.

As I am writing this post before than I wishwd to:

To all editors:

Em 06-09-2015 01:26, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

>> If there is a choice between X and Fernando, X will be chosen.
>

> That is defiantly not true. Actually I try to not consider the
> source of the suggestion, but only the pros and cons of that
> suggestion. There are commits that are made all the time where I
> would do things differently, but what is there is good too so a
> comment or change is not needed.

After I fix what I can, I will leave open the tickets to be inspected,
changed at will, and please, close them afterwards. This applis to the
main BLFS editors, not others.

> Different is not always bad. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to freeze
> for 7.8 but you felt the time was not right, so I took your advice,
> not because of who gave that advice, but because the arguments you
> made supporting your suggestion convinced me that it was the right
> thing to do.

IIRC, there were more than two people discussing that matter.

Also, it was before the bad, unfortunate, "systemd" incident that put
Bruce and Fernando in opposite sides. Without that, I would always
continue having all the respect, admiration and liking for Bruce.

>   -- Bruce

Fernando