[blfs-dev] Doxygen instructions

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Mon Sep 7 09:16:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

The current instructions for doxygen seem wrong to me:
Actually, the part
-----------------------
install -vm644 ../doc/*.1 /usr/man/man1
-------------------
generates the error:
-----------------
install: target '/usr/man/man1' is not a directory
-----------------
Furthermore, the "make install" step returns:
-----------------
[...]
-- Install configuration: "Release"
-- Installing: /usr/bin/doxygen
-- Installing: /usr/share/man/man1/doxygen.1
-- Installing: /usr/share/man/man1/doxywizard.1
-- Installing: /usr/share/man/man1/doxysearch.1
-- Installing: /usr/share/man/man1/doxyindexer.1
-- Installing: /usr/share/doc/doxygen-1.8.10/doxygen_manual.pdf
[...]

So it seems that "make install" is enough for getting the manuals.
Furthermore, the next instruction "make docs install" is not needed,
since the documentation is installed in the preceding step, as shown above.

Did I miss something? If not, I can fix that at my next commit.

Pierre