[blfs-dev] LFS-7.8-rc1 is released

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:48:30 PDT 2015

The Linux From Scratch community announces the release of LFS Version
7.8-rc1. It is a preliminary release of LFS-7.8. Major changes include
toolchain updates to binutils-2.25.1, glibc-2.22, and gcc-5.2.0. In
total, 30 packages were updated since the last release. Changes to the
text have also been made throughout the book. The linux kernel has also
been updated to version 4.2.

We encourage all users to read through this release of the book and test
the instructions so that we can make the final release as good as possible.

Please direct any comments about this release to the LFS development
team at lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org. Please note that registration for
the lfs-dev mailing list is required to avoid junk email.

   -- Bruce Dubbs
      linuxfromscratch.org