[blfs-dev] Package Freeze for LFS-7.8

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 8 03:52:31 PDT 2015

Em 07-09-2015 19:34, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 04:00:10PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an easy way to extract dependencies from the xml (apart
>> >from find -name '*.xml' | xargs grep ) ?  And do you include optional
>>> dependencies in this ?
>>
>> I use `grep -r linkend *|grep <dependency>`
>>

> Thanks - slightly quicker.  So, you do mean to include optional
> dependencies.  OK.

I add

| grep -vE 'html|archive|blfs-full'

to avoid some noise

and use 'grep -i <dependency>'

for obvious reasons, although this may be no necessary.

>>> From what I've seen so far, I think BLFS is in much better shape
>>> than when we last discussed 7.8.
>>
>> I agree.  Mostly due to Fernando's tremendous efforts.
>>
>>   -- Bruce
>>
> Yes.
>
> ĸen

Embarrassed thanks.

Back to freeze:

You must have seen I've added libvpx and mplayer to be done for 7.8.
Hope it is OK.

Plan to close my tickets today.

We also have git-2.5.1, while book has git-2.5.0, and
ImageMagick-6.9.2-0 is up to date.

Leave git as is, or update to latest?

Is there any other 'hold' to be added to 7.8 that I missed?

Fernando