[blfs-dev] libreoffice-5.0.1.2 : patch for system boost

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 8 04:28:14 PDT 2015


Em 07-09-2015 22:26, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> I've just uploaded the patch I'm now using to build LO with system
> boost.  After Fernando confirmed that it was indeed a boost problem,
> I started a build without system boost, but then tried a different
> search on google.  That found a few github library commits (e.g.
> libabw), and also a mailing list post about a series of similar
> commits.  Those were not relevant to my initial failure.  But then I
> took a look at fedora - at some point after Fernando had replied to
> me, they added a new patch for boost-1.59.0.  So, I stopped that
> build, went back to using system boost, and tried again.
> 
> Unfortunately, after a bit over 5 hours (I build many languages on
> this particular machine) it failed in a couple of the libs.
> 
> I then started looking for the original commit(s) to fix the libs.
> They were only 7 or 8 days ago, so I thought that cgit might be a
> good way : wrong!  There are _so_many_ commits in libreoffice core,
> and several times firefox-40.0.3 crashed while going back (so, that
> is still unstable, but at least it recovers to a recent position).
> 
> In the end I cloned the tree.  I had assumed that would take longer
> than using cgit, because it is a *big* tree, but in fact it
> completed before I got back far enough in cgit.  Looking for boost
> in the log, there were a variety of probably-unrelated commits, and
> then a series on 30th August.  I took the whole series, even though
> three of them are described as "drop dep on boost" - I guessed that
> if I did not use those, the build might still fail.  I had to apply
> several hunks by hand, but in the end I was fairly sure I had got
> them right and I addded the fedora patch and rediffed.  Then I set it
> building - don't you just love being still up at 6 a.m. ?  Once I saw
> that it was actually into compiling code, I left it - when I
> resurfaced, it had completed and LO appears to work ok.
> 
> At any other time I would just drop this in.  But now that we are in
> a soft freeze I would prefer comments, partly because of what I
> omit.
> 
> 1. I do not provide the following dependencies: clucene, openldap,
> unixODBC (in other words, for these I use whatever is shipped).
> 
> 2.I omit most of the optional deps.
> 
> 3. I have not built kde4 on this system, so I cannot test the
> optional switch --enable-kde4 : I have previously found that
> building with that switch only works if I am not already running
> kwin4, and there is some doubt if I will ever bother to build kde4
> again (it looked like a colourful, if CPU-intensive, thing to run on
> one particular machine, but that box has died).
> 
> 4. Different build switches:  Looking at my script, the following
> seem to differ -
> 	--with-lang : I have a lot more, should not matter
> 	--with-sytem-boost (obviously)
> 
> and the following are omitted -
> 	--with-myspell-dicts
> 	--without-system-dicts
> 	--with-system-clucene
> 	--with-system-lcms2 : I seem to have missed that one
> 	--with-system-odbc
> 	--with-system-openldap
> 
> Comments, please.
> 
> ĸen
> 


I saw you added a patch to the repository. Didn't reply this before the
other posts, because I thought I would find a post with "it works", from
you.

I understand that you can build with that patch.

Would say "please, add it to the page".

Anyway, after I finish the tickets, will run a build with the patch, to
confirm that we can add it. If it fails (hopefully and almost certainly
will not fail), might be for small fix, and I believe after your great
finding the build will be fixed for 7.8.

Thank you very much for that!!!


-- 
[]s,
Fernando


More information about the blfs-dev mailing list