[blfs-dev] File archiver for LXQT

Tim Tassonis stuff at decentral.ch
Tue Sep 8 04:57:53 PDT 2015

On 08.09.2015 13:20, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> Now my question is for the other developers.
>
> I agree with hykwok1. I would like to add
>

> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/xarchiver/xarchiver-0.5.4.tar.bz2
>
> to 7.8. No other one depends on it, so it wouldn't interfere with the
> freeze. It would be really good having a package not desktop dependent
> for that. Although I only use command line, most users like file
> explorers and graphical compressing programs.
>
> It doesn't bring any new dependency. It is CMMI, apparently, but reasons
> for adding it are many.
>
> Of course, I will understand and accept if you decide against, based on
> the same CMMI argument. PS: arch does some tweaks for xfce and for gtk3,
> so, may be it is not just CMMI. I haven't tried to install it recently.
>
> Any objections, please?

Installed it recently, works very nicely also with xfce, apart from a
bug if you open the same archive twice. The desktop file could be
tweaked, as it will produce a warning. A simple

sed -i 's,multipart/x-zip;,,g' /usr/share/applications/xarchiver.desktop

after "make install" and before "update-desktop-database" will take care
of that.

Kind regards
Tim

--