[blfs-dev] Doxygen instructions

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 8 05:56:48 PDT 2015

Em 08-09-2015 08:45, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
> On 08/09/2015 12:56, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Em 08-09-2015 04:31, Pierre Labastie escreveu:

>>> Thanks for the answer Fernando, I understand better: instructions for
>>> installing manpages are needed for those who do not use "make docs". But
>>> I get an error because /usr/man does not exist on my system, only
>>> /usr/share/man. Maybe you still have the symlink /usr/man->
>>> /usr/share/man ? I'll add "/share" and remove the last two lines on my
>>> next commit, unless you beat me on this.

Forgot: no, it is not a symlink it is an actual directory. Already knew
in my previous reply, and was going to investigate, which is done, now
(please, see below).

>>> Pierre
>>>
>> No, no, no!!!
>>
>> It fooled me. Sorry, of course I missed 'shared' and you are correct.
>>
>> Thanks for noticing.
>>
>> Looking back, I leave for you to decide if you prefer to separate the
>> man instructions for those not having run "make docs".
>>
>> Thanks, again.
>>
> You're welcome... OK, I'll do it. Split is not needed IMHO.
>
> Pierre

I've discovered why it didn't fail here:

1. My jasper-1.900.1 script had not been upgraded to include
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' and installed at /usr/man/man1.

2. sane-frontends-1.0.14 is installing at /usr/man/man1. Needs same
switch as jasper.

Would you please include '--mandir=/usr/share/man' in sane-frontends, in
your commit, please?

Thanks again.

Fernando