[blfs-dev] LLVM-Mesa interaction

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Tue Sep 8 06:43:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

If Mesa is built with the r600 gallium driver, it needs that the
r600 target be enabled for LLVM. Currently, the book instructions
have only "--enable-targets=host" in LLVM, while they have
GLL_DRV="nouveau,r300,r600,radeonsi,svga,swrast" in Mesa,
and Mesa build fails.
As noted in the mesa ticket for 10.6.6, and included in the book,
Mesa needs to be patched to build the r600 driver, but this is
another issue.
Removing r600 from this GLL_DRV allows Mesa to build (obviously
without the r600 driver), but I am not sure this is the best
alternative.
First, I think that a note should be added to the command
explanations in LLVM, telling that if the r600 GLL driver is needed,
target r600 should be added.
Then add a note to Mesa telling that r600 GLL driver should be
removed if r600 has not been built in LLVM.

Please tell me whether it suits you.

Pierre