[blfs-dev] libreoffice-5.0.1.2 : patch for system boost

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 8 17:46:54 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 08:55:37PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 08-09-2015 08:28, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> > Em 07-09-2015 22:26, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> >> I've just uploaded the patch I'm now using to build LO with system
> >> boost.  After Fernando confirmed that it was indeed a boost problem,
> >> I started a build without system boost, but then tried a different
> >> search on google.  That found a few github library commits (e.g.
> >> libabw), and also a mailing list post about a series of similar
> >> commits.  Those were not relevant to my initial failure.  But then I
> >> took a look at fedora - at some point after Fernando had replied to
> >> me, they added a new patch for boost-1.59.0.  So, I stopped that
> >> build, went back to using system boost, and tried again.
>
> >> At any other time I would just drop this in.  But now that we are in
> >> a soft freeze I would prefer comments, partly because of what I
> >> omit.
>

> >> Comments, please.
> >>
> >> ĸen
>

> > I saw you added a patch to the repository. Didn't reply this before the
> > other posts, because I thought I would find a post with "it works", from
> > you.
>
> > Would say "please, add it to the page".
>

> > Thank you very much for that!!!
>

> Worked perfectly!!! Thanks.
>
> New statistics, with your patch (normally, I wouldn't bother, but this
> time we have a release):
>
> {{{
> Estimated disk space required: 9.8 GB (649 MB installed)
>
> Estimated build time: 64 SBU (using parallelism=4) estimated 170 SBU
> with one core
> }}}
>
> or use yours, if you prefer.

Thanks for confirming.  I'll take your figures - on one of my builds
without the complete patch I had 17GB of build tree, and my
measurement process indicates about 1.9GB and 168 SBU - but that is
with a *lot* of languages.  I've jsut had to update my local book to
fix up audacious to recommend gnome-icon-theme (I threw a file at it,
it started to play, I paused and then I did not have a play icon), so
I'll do this now.