[blfs-dev] Python-3.4.3 docs

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Sep 9 12:11:59 PDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 18:27, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>> The doc tarball for Python 3 keeps changing without notice, so that the
>> md5sum of the file downloaded tpday from
>> https://docs.python.org/3/archives/python-3.4.3-docs-html.tar.bz2
>> is different from what is in the book.
>
> Have you asked upstream why?
>
>   -- Bruce

No, but I guess documentation does not follow a release schedule: there site
advertise:"Download _current_documentation" (underline by me). Then,on the
download page: "Last updated on: September 09,2015." I once tried to see what
they change: mainly typos, or improvement in wording. Maybe, we could just
remove the md5sum. After all, I cannot see how a compromised documentation
could be a security threat... Well, external links, maybe?

Pierre