[blfs-dev] Valgrind and Glibc-2.22

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Wed Sep 9 13:13:48 PDT 2015

On 21/08/2015 22:46, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> I am not sure if this affects trunk or not, but valgrind required some
> modification to build using glibc-2.22. The configure script does the
> same things that it does in glibc-2.21 before the patch is applied. In
> the sed in systemd, I had to substitute 2.21 with 2.22 for the package
> to compile properly. Modification of the patch in trunk may be
> required.
>
> Douglas R. Reno

Thanks Douglas,

I just verified that. The patch for glibc-2.21 is not enough. I do not like
the sed in the systemd book: if an user wants to build using the current book
intructions, but with glibc-2.20 or 2.21, configure will fail to detect it...

I think I'll tweak the patch for trunk.

Regards
Pierre