[blfs-dev] zsh URL always dies

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 13 07:32:06 PDT 2015

Em 12-09-2015 13:57, Ken Moffat escreveu:

> On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 12:35:27PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

>> This package moves the tarball from
>>
>> [http://www.zsh.org/pub]

>> [http://www.zsh.org/pub/old/]
>>
>> when a new one is released.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> 1. Change book's URL.
>>
> [...]
>>
>> 2. Update to zsh-5.1.1
>>

>> Opinions, please?
>>
> If you update to zsh-5.1.1, I assume there will be another version
> along in a few weeks, perhaps even before the book is released.

> So, I suggest using pub/old/
>
> ĸen

Thanks, ĸen.

I think it is possible, and pub/old/ could be acceptable.

Em 12-09-2015 14:03, Emanuele Rusconi escreveu:

> To answer the question, if they're going to break the link as soon as
> a new release is out, I'd go with the "old" one, so option #1.
>
> -- Emanuele Rusconi

Thanks, Emanuele.

Yes, agree with you (and with the other comments about the site).

Em 12-09-2015 17:44, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:

> Nothing depends on it.  Go ahead and update for 7.8.
>
>   -- Bruce

Thanks, Bruce.

After all, I decided to update the book. main reason was that I wanted
to have already the <note> about the problem for 7.8, and found it would
be odd telling that and already having the link to pub/old.

I was unsure if it would be acceptable updating during freeze.

Hope you all could agree with those thoughts.

Thank you all, again.

Fixed at r16400.

Fernando