[blfs-dev] A few things about biber

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Tue Sep 15 13:34:44 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have tried to build biber, and I was stopped by the fact that the build
system wants Unicode-Normalize-1.17, and that only 1.18 is there. The build
system seems to stop if it does not find 1.17. The book tells that biber could
use the newer version, but I have not found a way to do so (I do not know perl
builds very well actually). Of course, I could download and install 1.17, as
suggested in the book, but it seems to me that the book is not right in saying
that "the new version works".

Also, I'd like to suggest to have the patch listed after the other additional
downloads, but it is cosmetic...

Pierre