[blfs-dev] ConsoleKit problems

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 16 15:29:04 PDT 2015

Will reply later, although part is already replied.

Em 16-09-2015 18:50, Ken Moffat escreveu:

> I have no idea how to get kitten pictures for users in maui (see the
> jpg in the theme), nor how to change its user images at all, so I
> hope that somebody will work that out and put it in the wiki.

{{{
$ ls /usr/share/sddm/faces
default.face.icon  fernando.face.icon  README  root.face.icon
}}}

Just use <user>.face.icon.

Read the README. Perhaps you want to add some lines in the book.

{{{
$ file *.icon
default.face.icon:  PNG image data, 62 x 63, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
fernando.face.icon: PNG image data, 96 x 96, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
root.face.icon:     PNG image data, 62 x 63, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
}}}

>> I will then build lxde and LXQt because they should be fairly quick and test
>> them out.  Then I'll tackle kf5/plasma5. Last will be kde4.
>>

> I've just put my current thoughts on kf5 (particularly, what can be
> omitted) and also plasma (what is needed, what has moved to kf5 or
> kde applications since the earlier version, how to fix up
> plasma.desktop) into the kf5 wiki page.  I was amused to see that
> almost nothing in current kde applications seems to have a wiki page,
> while the "parent" kde page
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/KDE contains rather more than
> the book  I have not attempted to play around with numbering in the
> wiki, nor to remove things which are old (people building old
> versions might still find the info useful).
>
> When plasma is in the book, some of that part of the page can go, and
> the rest can be moved to a new plasma page.
>
>> Overall, this has been a difficult release cycle.  First we were late
>> getting started due to waiting for an upstream release.  Then we are running
>> into this complex permissions stuff.  I hope to finish up by the first of
>> October.  We should be able to make that.
>>

> The permissions issues have probably existed for some time - we are
> getting fuller in our coverage, and I at least am now flagging some
> of these and similar issues (e.g. icons) where I might previously
> have ignored them.  I think the book is a lot more comprehensive than
> it used to be (apart from gnome, obviously).
>
> ĸen

Fernando