[blfs-dev] ConsoleKit problems

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 16 16:38:08 PDT 2015

Em 16-09-2015 19:29, Fernando de Oliveira escreveu:
> Will reply later, although part is already replied.
>
> Em 16-09-2015 18:50, Ken Moffat escreveu:
>
>> I have no idea how to get kitten pictures for users in maui (see the
>> jpg in the theme), nor how to change its user images at all, so I
>> hope that somebody will work that out and put it in the wiki.
>
> {{{
> $ ls /usr/share/sddm/faces
> default.face.icon  fernando.face.icon  README  root.face.icon
> }}}
>
> Just use <user>.face.icon.
>
> Read the README. Perhaps you want to add some lines in the book.
>
> {{{
> $ file *.icon
> default.face.icon:  PNG image data, 62 x 63, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
> fernando.face.icon: PNG image data, 96 x 96, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
> root.face.icon:     PNG image data, 62 x 63, 8-bit colormap, non-interlaced
> }}}

First, apologies for forgetting to cut the rest of the message.

No progress. Another day almost week lost, and sddm does not work to do
what it should. Gives only part of the DE. Runlevel 3 or LXDM give
everything. In practical terms, sddm is an unhealthy lxdm.

I am starting to think oabout if it could be possible to replaced it by
lightdm or something else, if we recognize that sddm i useful only for
the systemd book.

I am too frustrated with sddm. Sorry for not replying the other posts
today. Going to bed.

This stuff is making me incapacitated.

Fernando