[blfs-dev] qt5 and /usr

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 17 00:06:11 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:27:01PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> I've tagged qt5 on the basis that it works fine in /opt.  But people
> who have been reading this list will recall that my attempts to
> install it in /usr failed (for kf5, compiles failed; for qupzilla
> the link failed).
>
> So, I'll begin by asking if anybody has managed to build a useful
> qt-5.5 in /usr ?
>
> ĸen
In the absence of any qt4 installation, I have now succeeded in
building qt5 and qupzilla in /usr.  So, it looks as if my earlier
failure to link qupzilla when using qt5 in /usr was probably caused
by something from qt4 (which was also in /usr) getting pulled in.

I'll look at trying to build kf5 in /usr after I've had some sleep
and thought about what to drop (e.g. with no vlc I won't be building
the phonon vlc backend).