[blfs-dev] gdb tests use systemtap

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Sep 17 03:04:38 PDT 2015

Hi,
A few tests in gdb testsuite fail because the header <sys/sdt.h> is not
found. This header is part of the "systemtap" package, which is not
referenced in the book. I suggest to add it as optional.

Note: from the NEWS file:
-------------------
[...]
Konsole output
*** Changes in GDB 7.5

[...]
Konsole output
* GDB now has support for SDT (Static Defined Tracing) probes.  Currently,
  the only implemented backend is for SystemTap probes (<sys/sdt.h>).  You
  can set a breakpoint using the new "-probe, "-pstap" or "-probe-stap"
  options and inspect the probe arguments using the new $_probe_arg family
  of convenience variables.  You can obtain more information about
SystemTap
  in <http://sourceware.org/systemtap/>.