[blfs-dev] ConsoleKit problems

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 17 11:13:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 09:38:56AM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 16-09-2015 22:13, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> > On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 07:15:07PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
> Without PAM, we can't even start discussing.
>
> I really don't understand why you need sddm.

I have used startx for a number of years, and currently my .xinitrc
lets me pass a --wm= parameter (if the appropriate wm is installed).
But mostly that _means_ "now I want to try running a particular DE".

So, I do not *need* it - like many of the things on my machines, it
is sometimes nice to have.  If I restricted myself to packages I
objectively need, I would build a lot less.