[blfs-dev] lxde

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:48:59 PDT 2015

I've move on from xfce to lxde.

All the packages build fine for lxde.

I can launch lxde from sddm, but do not get poweroff, hibernate, etc
from the logout sequence.

If the book's instructions are followed and ConsoleKit2, PAM, rebuilt
shadow are done, and lxde is launched form startx, the privileged logoff
buttons *are* present.

One thing, I omitted ck-launch-session from .xinitrc.  This is because
the session was initiated at login and lxde inherits the session from
there.

For this release, I'm not going to try to get the permissions to play
right from sddm.  I will make a comment about using ck-launch-session in
.xinitrc.