[blfs-dev] lxde

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 18 15:35:48 PDT 2015

Em 18-09-2015 14:48, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:

I'm starting with my part, in order to compare with Bruce's one, further
below. Everything works fine for me with "my" files/scripts.

Probably I have committed a dozen mistakes that compensate each pther
and make them work as if they were correct.

{{{
$ tail -19 .bash_profile | grep -v \#
if [[ -z $DISPLAY ]] && ! [[ -e /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 ]] && (( EUID )); then
while true; do
read -p 'Do you want to start X? (y/n): '
case $REPLY in
[Yy]) xinit ~/.xinitrc &> ~/.x-session-errors ;;
[Nn]) break ;;
*) printf '%s\n' 'Please answer y or n.' ;;
esac
done
fi
}}}

{{{
$ tail -3 .xinitrc
#ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxde
ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxqt
#ck-launch-session startxfce4
}}}

>From runlevel 3, when I login, .bash_profile asks if I want to start X,
reply 'y' and X session starts what is in .xinitrc.

If I remove ck-launch-session, the only option is to exit back to tty1,
reply no, and type sudo shutdown ...

{{{
$ tail -4 /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsession
eval exec ck-launch-session "$session"
;;
esac
exec xmessage -center -buttons OK:0 -default OK "Sorry, cannot execute
$session. Check $DESKTOP_SESSION.desktop."
}}}

Here the same: if I remove ck-launch-session, ned to go back to sddm, to
shutdown. Notice that this is one of the modifications I was going to do
in sddm, after combined with Bruce.

> I've move on from xfce to lxde.
>
> All the packages build fine for lxde.
>
> I can launch lxde from sddm, but do not get poweroff, hibernate, etc
> from the logout sequence.

Works for me.

> If the book's instructions are followed and ConsoleKit2, PAM, rebuilt
> shadow are done, and lxde is launched form startx, the privileged logoff
> buttons *are* present.

Works for me.

> One thing, I omitted ck-launch-session from .xinitrc.  This is because
> the session was initiated at login and lxde inherits the session from
> there.

Cannot understand.

> For this release, I'm not going to try to get the permissions to play
> right from sddm.  I will make a comment about using ck-launch-session in
> .xinitrc.
>
>   -- Bruce

I'm attaching three smal files with the result of ck-list-sessions for
LXDE, LXQt and XFce, from runlevel 3.

The modifications from Bruce to lxsession are exactly the contrary of
what works for me.

I don't understand what is happening.

Will give back to the book the two tickets and all modifications I had
combined to do are suspended, from my part untill I get a clue of what
is happening.

Fernando, soon to be called Sisyphus