[blfs-dev] sddm

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Sep 18 17:29:00 PDT 2015


Em 18-09-2015 20:30, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> 
>> I cannot do anything until I understand what is going on.
> 
> OK, let me try to explain.
> 
> If Linux-PAM is installed and then shadow is reinstalled, then a login
> exercises the modules installed in /etc/pam.d/system-session
> 
> If Consolekit2 is then installed, then
> 
> session   optional    pam_loginuid.so
> session   optional    pam_ck_connector.so nox11
> 
> is added to /etc/pam.d/system-session.
> 
> The pam_ck_connector.so module calls the script
> /usr/lib/ConsoleKit/run-session.d/pam-foreground-compat.ck
> 
> What this all means is that when you log in, you get a session that
> looks like:
> 
> Session4:
>  unix-user = '1000'
>  realname = 'Bruce Dubbs'
>  seat = 'Seat1'
>  session-type = ''
>  active = TRUE
>  x11-display = ''
>  x11-display-device = ''
>  display-device = '/dev/tty1'
>  remote-host-name = ''
>  is-local = TRUE
>  on-since = '2015-09-18T23:04:21.686950Z'
>  login-session-id = '9'
> 
> When you startx, xinit now starts on your current tty.  That is in the
> script as:
> 
>  # When starting the defaultserver start X on the current tty to  avoid
>  # the startx session being seen as inactive:
>  # "https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=806491"
>  tty=$(tty)
>  if expr match "$tty" '^/dev/tty[0-9]\+$' > /dev/null; then
>      tty_num=$(echo "$tty" | grep -oE '[0-9]+$')
>      vtarg="vt$tty_num"
>  fi
> 
> which shows up later when X is started:
> 
> serverargs="$serverargs $vtarg"
> ...
> xinit "$client" $clientargs -- "$server" $display $serverargs
> 
> All this resolves on my system to:
> 
> xinit /home/bdubbs/.xinitrc -- /opt/xorg/bin/X :0 vt1 \
>            -auth /home/bdubbs/.serverauth.2322
> 
> If ck-launch-session is NOT used in .xinitrc, the process inherits the
> session and everything is OK.  If the virtual terminal is changed to
> something else, say vt7, then ck-launch-session is needed for /dev/tty7.
> 
> sddm runs without setting up a session. I don't know if that is the
> proper way or if I have configured something wrong.  However, in my
> case, sddm needs to have ck-launch-session somewhere in the launch
> sequence.
> 
> Does that help?
> 
>   -- Bruce

Not much, because if I remove ck-launch from my .xinitrc, no session
will do what you say. Notice that all my sessions start at tty7, tty1.

As I said and won't repeat, the DE without ck-launch only leaves the to
sddm or to tty1, cannot hsalt, reboot, etc.

We have even discussed this years ago, that the session would be at
tty7. It is written in one of the attached logs I sent you.

Please, read what i send.

I don't startx. I wrote that I run xinit ~/.xinitrc

and .xinitrc has ck-launch-session ... It is all there.

But don't worry.

It seems that I am doing everything worng, because what works here
doesn't there.

And what i am telling takes me ages, dozens of reboots, Dozens odf
change ninit drom 3 to 5 and vice versa, in each init, doezens of
changes in the scripts.

To demonstrate that you are not reading what i write, it is a simple
question of reading your approval of my doing exactly what you had
writen in lxde post that didn't work.

My post about the modofications I was going to do in sddm is exactly the
opposite of what you write in your post about LXDE

The conflict with each other. They are logicaclly the negation of the other.

And you agreed wit the yes and the no. Possible explanation is that you
didn't read mine and yours again.

But this was a bad bad week. I will come back to the book some time
after 7.8 is released, if you still let me in. I don't want to be the
reason for any more delay.

Taking a long break, now, if you let me and forgive me.

For this break, you all can be sure that I am feeling like Sisyphus,
although still alive.

-- 
[]s,
Fernando, soon to be called Sisyphus


More information about the blfs-dev mailing list