[blfs-dev] Qtwebkit does not build with current instructions

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 13:26:56 PDT 2015

Pierre Labastie wrote:
> On 20/09/2015 20:16, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When running the Qtwebkit instructions on the QT4 page, the script fails with:
>>> -------------
>>> Can't exec "qmake": No such file or directory at
>>> /sources/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.7/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm
>>>
>>> line 1887.
>>> Use of uninitialized value $mkspec in scalar chomp at
>>> /sources/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.7/qtwebkit-2.3.4/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm
>>>
>>> line 1887.
>>> ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit.
>>> --------------
>>> The reason is simple, qmake is not in the PATH. Since Qt4 has just been
>>> installed in /opt/qt4 (this is the recommended location), but $PATH has
>>> not yet ben modified.
>>>
>>> I suggest adding PATH=$PATH:$QT4DIR/bin before the command for
>>> building Qtwebkit. Is it OK?
>>
>> I don't recall that being needed, but it doesn't hurt anything.  Go ahead.

> Also QTDIR needs to be defined. I got another error because it wasn't (erased
> the log inadvertently, sorry).
> Maybe you had already created /etc/profile.d/qt4.sh and sourced it when you
> worked on qtwebkit?

We do define QTDIR in the Configuring Qt section which would be used at
login.  I don't think I've run into the problem you mention because I
already had /etc/profile.d/qt4.sh defined.

At the top pf the page we do have

export QT4PREFIX=/opt/qt4

If it is needed for build, then adding a 2nd instruction, 'export
QTDIR=/opt/qt4' would be OK.