[blfs-dev] BLFS 7.8 Status

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Sep 24 12:46:00 PDT 2015

On 24/09/2015 21:02, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>> On 24/09/2015 10:50, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>> I have tagged KDE4, with the exception of phonon (no sound on my
>>> machines) and k3b. I plan to test k3b, but I need to learn how to
>>> access real hardware under qemu.
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>>
>> Sound is working again under qemu (don't know what the problem was
>> yseterday...), so could test and tag phonon and backends.
>>
>> Concerning k3b, it seems I need to enable virtio. Not sure I can do that
>> within a reasonable amount of time...
>
> No problem.  I've already built/tested on real HW.  Hopefully I'll finish up
> kde (including kf6/phonon5) today.  Everything for kde4 works fine for me.
>
>   -- Bruce

I've had a little problem on my "virgin" build of KDE4: the "personal
information" button in system settings could not be started, because the
akonadi server had the wrong back-end:
Default is QMYSQL, which needs the build order:
mysql (mariadb) - qt4 - akonadi.

But mysql is optional for qt4? and is in recommended later on.

OTOH, akonadi runs perfectly well with the QSQLITE3 back-end, and since sqlite
is recommended for Qt4, the qt4 plugin is built. This is not the default and
needs to be changed in ~/.config/akonadi.

Don't you think we should add a "configuration" section to akonadi explaining
where the config file is and how to use sqlite?

Pierre