[blfs-dev] BLFS 7.8 Status

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Sep 24 12:55:52 PDT 2015

On 24/09/2015 21:02, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>> On 24/09/2015 10:50, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>> I have tagged KDE4, with the exception of phonon (no sound on my
>>> machines) and k3b. I plan to test k3b, but I need to learn how to
>>> access real hardware under qemu.
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>>
>> Sound is working again under qemu (don't know what the problem was
>> yseterday...), so could test and tag phonon and backends.
>>
>> Concerning k3b, it seems I need to enable virtio. Not sure I can do that
>> within a reasonable amount of time...
>
> No problem.  I've already built/tested on real HW.  Hopefully I'll finish up
> kde (including kf6/phonon5) today.  Everything for kde4 works fine for me.
>
>   -- Bruce

What's next?

I've seen that nothing is tagged (or almost nothing) in the lxqt chapter. I
could start building it, but maybe somebody else is doing that.

Also, there are a few remaining packages in the server and networking
chapters. I have set up a virtual network (with two VMs), which would allow to
test them. So maybe it is better if I start with those.

Last but not least, there are many GNOME packages, which I am not sure which
purpose they serve... and I am not sure I would know how to test them.

Pierre