[blfs-dev] BLFS 7.8 Status

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Sep 24 14:26:42 PDT 2015

Em 24-09-2015 17:32, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
>> What's next?
>>
>> I've seen that nothing is tagged (or almost nothing) in the lxqt
>> chapter. I
>> could start building it, but maybe somebody else is doing that.
>
> I was holding off on that because I haven't created scripts for that
> yet.  Fernando may be doing it, but he is also busy with sddm issues
> that have turned out to be fairly complex.
>
>> Also, there are a few remaining packages in the server and networking
>> chapters. I have set up a virtual network (with two VMs), which would
>> allow to
>> test them. So maybe it is better if I start with those.
>
> Yes, that would be good.
>
>> Last but not least, there are many GNOME packages, which I am not sure
>> which
>> purpose they serve... and I am not sure I would know how to test them.
>
> And we have some new packages there.  Since we are close to releasing we
> may want to continue the freeze for them.  The easiest way is to just do
> them and then consider if we wan tot squeeze in any updates before release.
>
> Right now I'm working on kde5.  I will be adding in the new packages for
> that.  I've finished the frameworks and there are only 4 apps.  I will
> be introducing plasma5 too.  I've just downloaded the current
> applications and plasma and there are some new kde4 packages, but I
> think I'll not update any of the kde4 packages you've just tagged.

I am trying to get back to normal working speed, still without success.
Have not yet started LFS-7.8-rc1.

I like not tagging the packages I usually update, because I may be
reproducing the same mistake. Therefore, if somebody could tag lxqt and
gnome, I really appreciate.

About gnome, first i started thinking in updating to 3.18.0 for 7.8, but
it depends on many other packages and could fail to build, without the
new gtk.3,gdk-pixbuf, and many others that need to be updated but are
not security nor at the end of the chain.

Fernando