[blfs-dev] BLFS 7.8 Status

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 14:40:09 PDT 2015

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

> I am trying to get back to normal working speed, still without success.
> Have not yet started LFS-7.8-rc1.

OK, I think we can finish tagging without you doing it.  It's better to
have a 2nd set of eyes on the packages anyway.  As of this message,
there are 60 packages left to tag: 28 gnome, 22 lxqt, 3 networking, 6
server, and lxdm.

The only thing I need from you is ticket #6972 (Fix starting X).

The only other tickets are Plasma5 which I will be working on tonight
and the bind security update.

> I like not tagging the packages I usually update, because I may be
> reproducing the same mistake. Therefore, if somebody could tag lxqt and
> gnome, I really appreciate.
>
> About gnome, first i started thinking in updating to 3.18.0 for 7.8, but
> it depends on many other packages and could fail to build, without the
> new gtk.3,gdk-pixbuf, and many others that need to be updated but are
> not security nor at the end of the chain.

Agree.  Lets keep the freeze for gnome and lxqt.